Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wanted: Greek word for character

I have been working on my paper for this class, and I find myself in need of a Greek term to help explain my point. I am looking at the role characters played in Greek rhetoric. By this I mean the creation of "fictional" characters, not moral character (ethos). I am currently trying to make the distinction between these two types of character, but not getting very far in the clarity department, since both words are still character. I was thinking if I could find the greek equivalent to fictional character, (or something close) I could use that and ethos instead. I am currently looking for this word myself, but thought there might be a chance that someone else has run across something that is close in the wiki assignment. Anyone have any ideas?

Alyssa

1 comment:

jmz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.